Dementia Care is a specialty that Peace of Mind loves to offer patients and families. In consultation with families, we provide the following Dementia Care related services:
- Easy to understand assessments and plans tailored to meet your needs regarding senior health conditions including falls, weight loss, memory loss, depression and safety concerns.
- Personalized Assessments of aging and health needs to better plan for retirement including cognitive and memory evaluations.
If your loved one is experiencing any of the following symptoms, it may be time to consider dementia care with Peace of Mind.
- Memory loss
- Difficulty planning or solving problems
- Difficulty doing familiar tasks
- Being confused about time or place
- Challenges understanding visual information
- Problems speaking or writing
- Poor judgment or decision-making.
*Screenings and evaluations to determine your risk factors, regardless of age, and identify reversible ones with the hope of staving off or reversing memory losses and dementia.
Supporting caregivers who have a loved one suffering from dementia is at the heart of Peace of Mind’s Dementia Care service. The challenges of supporting a loved one with dementia include:
- Overwhelming emotions as your loved one’s capabilities decrease
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Isolation and loneliness
- Financial and work complications
Our service helps to alleviate some of these challenges. We hope that as caregivers interact with this service through modeling, advocacy and compassionate care, they will :
- Increase their bond with the patient
- Increase their problem-solving and relationship skills
- Become more compassionate and skilled in the level of care they can provide.
- Experience relief and respite from exhaustion and confusion.