The Geriatric Consultation Service from Peace of Mind was created with the concern and opinions of the client and caregiver in mind. This service includes one time or ongoing consultation on topics pertaining to aging and geriatric care.
Particularly suited for caregivers and family members, this is a valuable resource for family and friends of patients. It includes clinical opinion, population appropriate counsel and compassionate conversation from an educated and thoroughly experienced physician.
Peace of Mind Geriatric Consultations offer consultation and direction about specific problems plaguing the geriatric population, including the following:
- Memory Problems
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Other Dementias
- Neurological Problems
- Falls/Difficulties with Walking
- Unexpected Weight Loss
- Change in Mood or Behavior
- Difficulties with Personal Care/Managing at Home
While we can schedule as many consultation appointments as needed, it is advised to prepare for your consultation by collecting some of the following information:
- Collect medical records and if necessary, gather release of information statements from other involved physicians and agencies.
- Bring copies of discharge summaries from any recent hospitalization, a summary of recent events from the primary care or other specialists and any special testing that has been completed
- Bring an up to date medication list or bring all the medication bottles for the physician to review during the visit.